You’ve undoubtedly heard of Saeed Abedini, a former Muslim who converted to Christianity and returned to Iran for humanitarian work with orphanages. There he was imprisoned for teaching Christianity and he has refused to recant and return to Islam so he has endured beatings and imprisonment for three years now.
As much as my heart goes out to Saeed Abedini and his family, my heart breaks for all the prisoners and families being held by Islamic governments, although most of their stories will go untold.
Here are three short videos I want to share with you. One is Saeed Abedini’s testimony. The second is a message he recorded for the persecuted church. While he was in prison, Saeed asked that these two videos be released to the public. Relatively few people have seen them so far. The third video is a plea from his wife, Naghmeh Abedini, asking people to continue to pray for Saeed’s release.
Saeed Abedini Testimony: Depressed Muslim to Joyous Christian
Saeed’s Message to the Persecuted Church
Pray for Saeed Abedini
It’s easy to get “prayer fatigue” when something draws out for a long time. It’s hard to know what to pray that we haven’t already prayed. Let’s pray that Saeed and others like him who are in prison for their faith in Christ will experience the peace of God until they are released by God’s hand.
Five Prayers for Muslims
Muslims pray five times a day so I’m offering five prayers for you to pray with me.
Lord, I ask you to . . .
- Break the spiritual bars that are holding Christians prisoner in Islamic countries.
- Release the prison doors and throw them wide open like in the book of Acts so Your prisoners may go free.
- Give the prisoners your perfect peace and an intense awareness of Your presence.
- Allow those held captive to share the Good News about Christ with other prisoners and prison guards, just as the Apostle Paul did.
- Keep them healthy and safe until their release and give them the strength to endure whatever You have allowed them to endure in the name of Christ.
Ask God how He wants you to pray for Muslims and what more He wants you to do.