After a difficult time from an unjust court case, Ali’s family asked the mosque leaders for help, but they only suggested more prayers or sacrifices. No help came so Ali’s father left the country. He became a Christian and called to tell his family. He asked Ali to come join him but Ali had no passport so he had to leave the country illegally. He went to a border town and waited three days for his opportunity to escape. Later his mother and younger brother joined them.
The family visited a Christian church together. Ali was skeptical, but when he noticed the changes in his family members who had come to Christ, he knew there was something more to Christ.
Let’s pray for those in difficult circumstances and oppressive countries. May God show them a way of escape so they are free to worship Jesus.
I love his final thought: “That is why I go back for them–the ones who are trapped.”
This young man has found something in Christ so great he is willing to go back to his old country and help others escape so they can find Christ, too. May God be with him.
Five Prayers for Muslims
Muslims pray five times a day so I’m offering five prayers for you to pray with me.
Lord, I ask you to . . .
- Grant Your protection to those who are trying to escape an Islamic government so they can find freedom in Christ.
- Open doors for those trying to help others escape oppression.
- Pour out your provision on those who must leave everything behind to escape oppressive governments to follow You.
- Flood with your love, acceptance, and forgiveness those who have only known condemnation under Islam.
- Bless those who earnestly follow You and who teach others to do the same.
Ask God how He wants you to pray for Muslims and what more He wants you to do.