Indonesia has the highest Muslim population in the world. It’s also home to many terrorist organizations. One of the ways God is using to break into the darkness of Islam in Indonesia and other places is with Christian radio.
In the video below, you’ll meet Satri. He and his family wanted to know more about Jesus but they were afraid because they had been taught the Bible is corrupt and God didn’t have a son and other false information. Muslims are taught it’s a sin to even touch a Bible, but if the Bible is being read aloud on the radio, it’s easy for them to satisfy their curiosity about the forbidden book.
Listen to this fascinating testimony and praise God for technologies that are allowing the Good News about Christ to reach into desperate parts of the world.
I thought this was a helpful note that accompanied the video:
Many Christians fear Islam. But in their fear, they fail to understand that many Muslims are desperately seeking after God and are open to the truth of the Gospel. Where missionaries are locked out and local Christians face persecution, radio can reach quietly into the homes and hearts of Muslim believers. That’s why FEBC broadcasts into the Muslim world are so crucial and strategic.
Isa is Arabic for Jesus. And proclaiming the Love of Jesus is the focus of this effort.
Five Prayers for Muslims
Muslims pray five times a day so I’m offering five prayers for you to pray with me.
Lord, I ask you to . . .
- Overcome the fear and condemnation Muslims feel for even touching a Bible (which is forbidden by Islam).
- Raise up many bold evangelists who will share the Good News about Jesus to Muslims in their own area.
- Inspire many creative opportunities to use technology to reach into nearly unreachable places like Indonesia.
- Provide for and expand the work of Christian radio and other ministries to help reach people with the Good News and to help strengthen new believers in areas where Christian help may not be readily available.
- Protect those who boldly speak for you in hostile environments where Christianity is forbidden.
Ask God how He wants you to pray for Muslims and what more He wants you to do.