Jesus said we need to count the cost of following Him. That sounds good so we nod in agreement. We might even find it inspiring or motivational. But how many of us are really willing to lay down our lives for the sake of Christ?
Pastors in the Philippines are doing just that in their effort to bring the Good News about Christ to Muslims.
While the Philippines is a mostly Christian nation, Muslim extremists have taken hold in the South where they are trying to build an Islamic state, even putting some Christians to death. Listen to this report on the trials in the Philippines and the tenacity of faith there.
Five Prayers for Muslims
Muslims pray five times a day so I’m offering five prayers for you to pray with me.
Lord, I ask you to . . .
- Protect Your servants who are ministering in hostile environments where they are threatened and killed by Muslim extremists.
- Bless the missionaries and pastors who have the courage to work in Muslim areas hostile to Christ.
- Comfort the families of those who have given their lives for the sake of proclaiming the Good News about Christ and use their example to inspire others to continue the work of reaching out to Muslims, despite hostility.
- Raise up many more believers who have bold faith to reach out to Muslims in the most difficult areas of the world.
- Soften the hearts of Muslim extremists and give them tolerance for Christians and prepare the way for them to hear the Good News about Christ.
Ask God how He wants you to pray for Muslims and what more He wants you to do.