What a life! Mona was a Muslim in Somalia, but the people in her village were Muslim in name only. When Somalia was devastated by war, she was able to go to Sweden under refugee status. In Sweden, she attended mosque for the first time and learned how oppressive Islam really is, especially for women. Then she read the Quran and other Islamic texts and discovered what Islam really teaches. She was appalled and distraught.
She left Islam and became an atheist, but then someone encouraged her to read a Bible. She realized Christ offered everything that was the exact opposite of what Islam taught. Instead of killing your enemies, Christ taught to love your enemies.
After becoming a Christian, she set out on a mission to tell Muslim women in Sweden to read what the Quran actually teaches. Her efforts drew hostile responses from Muslims so she is under constant risk for speaking out for Christ. God bless her boldness. Watch what she does to make a difference for Christ.
Mona found something in Christ so valuable, so life-changing, she wants other women to have it, too. And she’s so passionate about sharing Christ with them, she’s willing to risk her life to tell them.
It sort of makes me feel guilty for sitting on the couch.
Five Prayers for Muslims
Muslims pray five times a day so I’m offering five prayers for you to pray with me.
Lord, I ask you to . . .
- Allow former Muslims to reach out to Muslims in ways others cannot.
- Take advantage of their knowledge and experience in Islam to help other Muslims come to Christ.
- Open doors of opportunity for Muslims to hear the gospel.
- Grant Muslims access to a Bible, the life-changing Word of God.
- Give believers boldness to tell others about you, especially among their Muslim neighbors.
Ask God how He wants you to pray for Muslims and what more He wants you to do.