Muslim students often come to the United States or other open countries to attend a university. This is often their first opportunity to hear about Jesus outside the limited and incorrect teachings of Islam. They are often very receptive to hearing about Jesus, whom they have been taught to revere. Learning the whole truth about Jesus enables them to make a decision about Christ as Savior, not just a good prophet.
In this video, a young woman comes to America to attend school. The woman hosting her in her home was a Christian. This highlights an easy way to befriend a young Muslim. By hosting an international student in your home, you can allow God to work through you for a period of months or years, slowly instilling the love of God into a young life.
Five Prayers for Muslims
Muslims pray five times a day so I’m offering five prayers for you to pray with me.
Lord, I ask you to . . .
- Give Muslim students the opportunity to come to the United States and other open countries so they might have a chance to hear about you.
- Open the hearts and homes of Christians who would make good host families for the Muslim students.
- Allow Christian classmates to be a good example to Muslim students by behaving honorably and building relationships with the Muslim students to open doors of communication about Christ.
- Let every Muslim student hear a clear explanation of the Good News before they return home, regardless of their decision.
- Send those who accept Christ home to boldly share the message of faith, hope, and love they have embraced so others may hear about Christ, even in closed countries.
Ask God how He wants you to pray for Muslims and what more He wants you to do.