Samira grew up in Iran. Her earliest childhood memories were happy ones, but gradually that changed as the Iranian government imposed stricter and stricter regulations on women. She describes an incident she had with police because a lock of her hair had come loose and was visible. After being physically shaken and threatened by the police officer, Samira kicked her way free and ran away because she was afraid she would get arrested.
She describes the inequalities between boys and girls as she grew up. Then she came to the United States and met Christ. This is her testimony.
Samira’s story is sad, but it describes the living conditions for millions of Muslim women around the world, especially those under traditional Islamic governments like Iran.
God uses everything in our lives for His glory. Now Samira helps Muslim women who are struggling with living under repressive Islamic laws here in the United States. Yes, to some degree it happens here, too, as mosques and Islamic leaders impose restrictions on their people.
Women under Islam need our prayers so they can come to know true freedom and the value Christ places on their lives.
Five Prayers for Muslims
Muslims pray five times a day so I’m offering five prayers for you to pray with me.
Lord, I ask you to . . .
- Protect women living under Islamic rule, whether they are practicing Muslims or not.
- Fill their hearts with Your love and give them a sense of the value You place on their lives–so much that You died for them.
- Grant women, if possible, to get out from under the Islamic rule so they can live with greater freedom and equality, and perhaps have greater opportunity to be introduced to Christ.
- Open doors of opportunity for women missionaries to reach out to Muslim women, for this might be the only way some Muslim women will hear about Your love for them.
- Bless the wives with favor from their husbands by leading him to Christ first, whenever possible. In this way they won’t be going against their husbands by converting to Christianity.
Ask God how He wants you to pray for Muslims and what more He wants you to do.